GG white shot

GG white shot

Wednesday 11 April 2012

The Bible

Done and complete in about four months, which is a first time achievement for me.  I really enjoyed powering through quickly. I got a more connected picture of the Biblical timeline and the transition between covenants. When the gentiles first received the gospel their entire command was to avoid sexual sin and idolatry. It really was just a case of repent and believe. The law done away with, redemption through Christ's death invoked.  So simple. Then Paul and Peter added instruction to live in peace, honestly, and with love for others. We mull over these instructions to understand the finer details, but I don't think it was supposed to be complicated.  It's all really simple, live in love and repentance.  Makes me think all our over analysis of the letters is in vain, because it was all supposed to be so simple. The law good, but no longer in power. Christ now reigning over us and His example the 'law' we should be following.  This is all really new for me.  For so long I have been resting on my laurels when it comes to my knowledge of God's Word.  I've read it before, I think I understand it, but there really is so much more to get out of it.  And this reading has impacted at least my mind and hopefully my heart.
You should have a start to finish read too.

No comments:

Post a Comment