GG white shot

GG white shot

Saturday 5 May 2012

The Shining

Stephen King's 'The Shining', is all it's made out to be.  Suspenseful, thrilling, a story that makes you want to stop reading, while at the same time urging you to read on to find out what happens in the end. Every written scene created a clear visual scene in my mind, demonstrating to me the true and genuine skill required to write a good novel.  Just as I feared the fear and uncomfortability of continuing to read would become too much, Stephen changed scenes to lighten the suspense just enough to allow me to keep reading. I enjoyed the story, was pleased by the final ending despite my hope that it might have ended differently.  A story well-worth reading, if you have the heart for this kind of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment