GG white shot

GG white shot

Saturday 12 November 2011

A Tale of Two Cities

I plodded on through this book for so long, but the resolution was well worth the wait.  All the bits and pieces that I didn't understand came together in a way that I never expected. Satisfying, unpredictable, powerful, perfect.  The book also introduced me somewhat to the French revolution. I may be inspired to learn more about this because there were so many things that I just couldn't comprehend in the playing out of the story.  A history lesson would reveal a lot I'm sure.  I love that these classic books introduce me to the worlds of past others.
I am quite learning to enjoy this Charles Dickens fellow. Clever stuff. I am sure a second read would be more powerful and much clearer to me, but I must move on, to some other expectantly wonderful novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment