GG white shot

GG white shot

Thursday 3 July 2014

Not one but three new risottos.

Now if only I could get the photos from my phone to my computer.  Alas,  an update to Mavericks has rendered iPhoto useless.  Attempts to download an update elicit requests for a password to someone else's account and refusal to let me change the user.  There must be another way??
Aha! Quick google search and the answer: Image Capture.  Here they come.
Hollywoods' Chicken and cashew risotto

Leek and mushroom risotto

Carrot Risotto
So I am discovering you can turn almost any vegetable into a risotto and many of them taste largely the same (although my taste buds are fairly indiscriminate).  The mushroom risotto tasted as you would expect - mushroomy, but the recipe called from minimal cheese so a fairly bland sort of flavour .  The carrot risotto called for a lot of cheese so a lot tastier.  The restaurant risotto reminded me why it is nice to eat out once in a while, but also why it might not be wise too often.  It was so tasty with onion and cashew flavours, chicken of course and sun dried tomatoes to add some zing.  But it was also deliciously oily. So good ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment