GG white shot

GG white shot

Monday 14 April 2014

Two Dishes

This recipe was very simple and quite nice, although I'm not sure it quite turned out the way it was supposed to for my fear of burning the butter.  I don't think it was quite as brown as it was supposed to be.  It was sort of weird eating pasta coated in butter, which is essentially what the sauce is.  Today's healthy eating advice doesn't quite fit with such a recipe, but enjoyable all the same.
Handkerchief Pasta with Brown Butter and Sage Sauce

Sweet Potato Risotto (Risotto 2)
My second risotto. Remember the episode where Sookie makes her famous risotto and it gets a 'fine' review.  She tries forty different risottos just to check that hers really is the best, so this is number two of forty! Really nice, but I think I could have darken the bacon a bit more ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment